Blog Journal #4

 Hi everyone!

    The standard I chose was under Body of Knowledge: Computer Science and Computer Practices and Programming, "Identify different kinds of data: texts, charts, graphs, numbers, pictures, audio, video, and collection of objects." This benchmark implies that you are able to distinguish among a variety of data that is being displayed in different ways. For example, a chart would be organized with rows/columns that allow the information to be divided. Graphs can have bars that visually show the difference between data sets. Based on my current skill set, I would be able to implement this standard because I have taken certain classes that have given me preparation. In high school and college I took statistics, both of them prepared me for reading data. 

    The resources can easily be used in my teacher if I am ever stuck on how to present a topic or even for brainstorming a topic to teach. For example, the CPALMS Educator Toolkit provides the standards, lesson plans, and benchmarks for topics. It also provides teachers with activities and student resources to help them in their classroom. I think this is very beneficial for all teachers and should definitely be used. 

    It is relevant to be a proficient Internet searchers as a teacher because teachers must be able to find reliable and relevant information quickly. This is crucial for lesson plans as teachers can get ideas from online resources (such as CPALMS). Internet searching skills that I will definitely take with me moving forward include the evaluation of resources and refining search results. For example, as a teacher you must only use reliable resources and reputable sites. Other websites can be giving false information that you would not want to relay to your students. For refining search results, sometimes you need to word something differently to find what you need. This is important for teachers in finding what they need quickly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #3