Blog Journal #5

 Hi everyone! 


    My learning experiences with Instagram for my Personal Learning Network has been super beneficial. I have never used Twitter, but I know about it so maybe in the near future I will make a Twitter account as well. Instagram allows me to follow accounts that I have interest in such as educational resources or individuals I admire. I follow a lot of FSU instagram accounts such as best buddies, human development and sciences club, and pre occupational therapy club. By following these accounts, I can stay in the loop of my clubs, listen to announcements, and attend meetings. 

    The digital divide can negatively impact students and limit what they can learn and have access too. Students who don't have access to reliable internet or technology at home will experience inequality in their ability to do research, complete assignments, and access resources. These students may struggle with homework and won't be able to do assignments that teachers post online, which is almost everything. Some causes of digital divide include economic disparities, lack of digital literacy, and inadequate school resources. As a teacher, I will meet with parents and students one on one and see what they have access to at home. For students who do not have technology, I will offer every student the paper option for schoolwork so nothing needs to be submitted online. This gives all my students fair advantage and equality. 

    Academic software can include academic games and sites such as Kahoot and Google Classroom. Kahoot is a super fun game that allows teachers to quiz their students while having a competition among everyone. This encourages students to study while also having fun doing so. Google Classroom keeps both students and teachers organized for assignments, tests, and discussions. Both of these softwares would let my students have fun while being quizzed and keep the classwork organized. 

Comments

  1. Hello Emma, I also used Instagram as I had no experience with twitter. I follow a lot of FSU accounts on my private Instagram account, and this is a great way to stay informed with what is happening on campus. My favorite account from FSU is the ASKEW centers Instagram as it tells what movies are playing. I completely agree with how the digital divide can affect students' ability to complete homework. I came to the same conclusion that the best option is to offer paper versions for the students who do not have access to the internet at home. I completely agree with your application of Kahoot and remember using it in my education experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Avery's reply: Hi Emma! I enjoyed reading through your blog, I similarly have used Instagram throughout my time at FSU to be able to stay active with organizations and events going on in campus. I think Instagram can be used as a great way to interact with communities, organizations, and peers and as also is a great networking tool for students and professionals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #3