Emma B - EME2040 Blog Post

 Hi everyone!


My name is Emma Bautko. I am a sophomore in college at Florida State University, majoring in Human Development and Family Sciences with a minor in Education. I am interested in becoming an Occupational Therapist. I was born in Macomb, Michigan but moved to Jupiter, Florida when I was about three. I often go back to Michigan to visit my family. During the school time in Tallahassee, I often find myself missing the South Florida beaches but I do enjoy being up in Northern Florida a lot. I love going to school here, enjoying the campuses, and going out with friends. 

Throughout my educational career, I was able to learn some new forms of technology in the educational setting. I have used Padlet, FlipGrid, Kahoot, Miro Board, and PowerPoint. All of these different forms of technology have given me assistance in being organized and interested in the topics being taught. For example, Padlet gave students an opportunity to be anonymous while being able to like or dislike what someone said. This was a good way to hear input from others while really saying what you wanted too. FlipGrid allowed for timed videos and let students speak instead of just typing assignments. Kahoot was great because the competition encouraged everyone to stay focused while also learning the subjects. MiroBoard made it easy to work into groups and by yourself since it provides you with slides. Lastly, PowerPoint was used a lot in my classes because it was easy for groups to work together since you can share the PowerPoint with everyone. In sum, all of these ways of technology helped me become more familiar and equipped with education. 

For my Personal Learning Network (PLN), I like to follow people on TikTok that have the same organization, style, and mindset as me. This can give me new ideas of how to stay organized such as how to fill out your planner/organizer. I also receive tips on really anything such as school, work, relationships etc. I find TikTok to be extremely helpful in these areas. During my first semester at FSU, I joined the Pre Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy club where they invite guest speakers from all over Florida to communicate and interact with those interested. It serves as a great way to get advice from someone and to hear their experiences. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #3